Lego Death Star – level 2
In England, people made one of the biggest ever Lego Star Wars models in a Legoland resort. It is a model of the Empire’s super weapon: the Death Star, which rebels attack in “Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope”.
People made the Death Star from 500,000 Lego bricks. It weighs 860 kilograms and it is three metres high. It took 15 people 3 months to build the model and three days to install it.
Guests can bring the model to life by turning on its sound and light effects.
Difficult words: resort (a holiday centre), weapon (a war machine), install (to put together).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like Star Wars?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos