Less Plastic – level 2
Unilever is a big company that makes many products. It pledged to reduce its use of new plastic by half by 2025.
Unilever is going to change its way its packages are made. It is going to reduce the new plastic that cannot be recycled, change to more reusable and refillable packages, and use more recycled plastic. It also wants to take in about 600,000 tons of plastic every year to process by 2025.
In 2025, Unilever hopes to use no more than 386,000 tons of new plastic. In 2018, it used 772,000 tons. It also wants all of its plastic to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.