Lion Cage in Australia – level 1
An Australian zoo has a new attraction. It is a cage for humans. From the cage, you can safely watch lions. You can feed them, too.
It takes 5 months to build a cage like this. It costs 700,000 Australian dollars (around 530,000 US dollars). The zoo thinks that more people will visit because of the cage.
Difficult words: attraction (something which tourists visit), cage (a metal box), will (in the future).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos