Lion Tug of War – level 2
A zoo in England sells people a chance to play tug of war with its tigers and lions. A keeper from the zoo said that they saw that other zoos do it, so they tried it too.
He says that it is an exercise for the animals and an education for the people – they can really understand how big and strong these cats are.
However, some people criticise the zoo. They say that it is not normal for the animals and that the zoo is doing it just to be special.
Difficult words: tug of war (a game in which two groups of people pull the opposite ends of rope), exercise (moving the body so that it gets/stays fit), education (learning).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos