Liverpool Wins – level 3
Thousands of Liverpool fans gathered outside Anfield stadium to celebrate the club’s first Premier League title.
It’s Liverpool’s 19th top-flight title and the first top league title since the 1989-1990 season, that was managed by club legend Sir Kenny Dalglish. Over 200 miles away, Chelsea beat Man City 2-1 in a game behind closed doors. The results meant that it was mathematically impossible to overtake Liverpool in the league. Within half an hour of the result, about 2,000 fans gathered outside Liverpool’s empty stadium and they set off flares and fireworks in the street.
Although some lockdown measures remain in place in the UK, police made no attempt at the stadium to disperse the crowd.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.