London Knife Attack – level 1
Recently, a man attacks people with a knife at London Bridge. He is an attack suspect. The attack kills two people. The attack hurts other people. Police shoot and kill the man.
In 2012, the same attack suspect has an idea to blow up a building in London. Police find out and arrest him. In 2018, officials release him early from jail. He has a lot of rules that he must follow to be out of jail. This year, he becomes an attack suspect.
The UK leader, Boris Johnson, wants to review how some people get out of jail early. These are people who go to jail for terrorism.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.