Long Tunnel to a Bank – level 2
A Brazilian gang built a 500-metre-long tunnel. Police monitored the gang and found the tunnel. They arrested 16 men.
The tunnel led from a rented home to a bank. It cost around $1.27 million to build, and the gang was planning to steal $317 million.
More than ten years ago, a different gang in Brazil tunnelled into a bank vault and stole $70 million.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.