Lottery of 2 billion dollars – level 3
Someone bought a lottery ticket in California, US, and won a record 2.04-billion-dollar jackpot. The win happened after more than three months without anyone hitting the top prize.
Lottery officials announced the winning numbers on Tuesday morning, nearly 10 hours after the scheduled Monday night drawing because of technical problems with data. Lottery officials acknowledged the delay was frustrating for such a high-profile drawing; however, the game’s security process took precedence.
The jackpot ticket was sold in Altadena, California, and for selling the winning ticket, business owner Joe Chahayed will receive a maximum lottery bonus of 1 million dollars. The owner said that he didn’t know who won the prize, but he hoped that it was someone local.
Under California rules, the name of the winner must be disclosed; however, no other information has to be public.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.