Love for pumpkin spice – level 1
People love pumpkin spice. The spice is a mixture of several spices. For example, they are cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger. It smells very good. It brings happy feelings.
No pumpkin is in the mixture. Some people think that Starbucks makes pumpkin spice. The recipe is much older.
American settlers use the spices to keep food fresh during the winter. The foods are meat, fruit, and vegetables.
In 1976, Amelia Simmons writes a pumpkin spice recipe. She puts pumpkin spice in the first American cookbook. In the 1990s, Starbucks creates the pumpkin spice latte. Many people love it. The drink helps them welcome the fall after a hot summer.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.