Lucky landing in Brazil – level 1
A Brazilian plane has a problem. Its front wheels are not working. The plane must make an emergency landing.
It is too heavy. The pilot must make the plane lighter. He lets some fuel out of it. The plane lands on the ground. It lands on the back wheels. Everything is fine. Nobody is injured.
The plane can get on fire. Firefighters spray the plane with foam. The foam stops the fire. The accident is a problem. It blocks other planes. Many planes must wait to land or to fly.
Difficult words: emergency landing (landing when a plane has some problems), fuel (energy for a plane), be injured (to have problems with the body), foam (water with bubbles).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Would you panic if your plane had a problem?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.