Man cooks meat underground – level 1
Amer Halimi owns a restaurant in Algeria. People from all over the country come to his restaurant. They want to taste his special dish.
Halimi cooks meat. The way he cooks is very special. He makes a hole in the ground in his restaurant. He puts charcoal there.
When the hole is hot enough, he puts meat there. He cooks the meat for 13 to 14 hours. He serves the meat with a special sauce. This sauce makes the meat crunchy and juicy.
In the past, people cook meat on hot stones. This way slowly changes. Halimi thinks of the best ways to cook meat. Guests in his restaurant love the meat.
Difficult words: charcoal (a light black thing which burns easily), serve (to give food), crunchy and juicy (a food that makes sharp noises when you eat it and not dry).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos