Man Dies in front of a Hospital – level 1
A man is in front of a hospital. He is having a heart attack. He is in pain. He falls to the ground.
An ambulance is parked nearby. A paramedic sits in the ambulance. He just watches the man. After 30 seconds, the paramedic goes to him. He does not help him. The two men only talk. The paramedic then returns to the ambulance. The man on the ground dies.
The paramedic loses his job. He must do 240 hours of community service, too.
Difficult words: heart attack (a serious condition when somebody’s heart stops working normally), paramedic (somebody who does medical work but is not a doctor), community service (unpaid work which normal people can do and criminals must do).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Terrible, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.