Man gives food to dogs – level 3
An animal lover in Jordan spends thousands of dinars every month to feed stray dogs, as he posts videos online to encourage Jordanians to follow in his footsteps.
Nader Abd al-Raheem al-Morshed spends around 1,400 dollars every month to feed and vaccinate abandoned street dogs as part of an initiative that he started seven years ago. His main goal is to change people’s outlook on dogs, so that they can live with the animals peacefully. People often think that it is necessary to get rid of these dogs, who are often uncared-for or left sick in the street.
Morshed recently started to upload videos of the dogs on Tik Tok; these are videos he created for many years before Tik Tok even existed. He does this to make people aware that dogs were pets and they were friendly and good with people. He hopes to inspire others to do the same and to prevent the dogs from eating each other or waiting for each other to die.
Difficult words: stray (having no home or having wandered away from home), initiative (an action to resolve a difficulty or improve a situation), uncared-for (not receiving enough care or attention).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos