Man is Chased by a Crocodile – level 2
A man went for a swim in a beautiful, remote park in Mexico. He got the shock of his life when a huge crocodile appeared and started following him.
The man swam to shore as fast as he could to escape the croc. The incident was watched by a group of tourists who were on a bridge. Luckily, one of them had a good idea. He or she threw a big object into the water to make the crocodile stop.
Difficult words: remote (far from a city), huge (very big), shore (land along the water).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What did the tourist throw into the water to distract the crocodile?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos