Man is Chased by a Crocodile – level 3
In a beautiful, remote part of Mexico, a huge crocodile gave a swimmer the shock of his life when it chased him to shore. He frantically tried to reach the beach while the massive animal stalked him.
Above on Boca Panila Bridge, panicked tourists watched in horror as the man made a beeline for dry land. A quick-thinking onlooker threw a big object into the water that stopped the snapper in his tracks.
People think that a man named Manuel Carrea may have filmed this and he hoped that the footage would advise tourists not to feed the local wildlife. They certainly might think twice about it now!
Difficult words: remote (not near big cities), huge (very big), frantically (in a panic), stalk (follow closely to catch something), massive (very big), make a beeline for something (hurry directly to something), stop somebody in his or her tracks (make somebody stop doing something), snapper (a crocodile).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What other safety precautions would you recommend to tourists who plan to visit the same area?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.