Man Rides a Bike on a Rope – level 3
Mountain bike trials is a discipline of mountain biking in which the rider attempts to pass through an obstacle course without setting foot to ground. Belgian mountain bike trials cyclist and world champion Kenny Belaey managed to bike across a slackline 120-metres above the ground while suspended between two mountains in the French Alps.
His first attempt at crossing the stomach-churning course was not successful, but he had another try with his safety harness.
Difficult words: obstacle (something in your way), course (a route, way), slackline (a rope used for slacklining – balancing on a not tight rope). stomach–churning (extremely unpleasant and making you feel sick), safety harness (a rope which catches you if you fall).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this stunt?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.