Mars Landing – level 2
Last week, NASA’s Perseverance rover landed successfully on Mars. The journey to the Red Planet lasted six months, but the most dangerous part of the mission was the landing.
Several spacecrafts failed to land on Mars in the past, but Perseverance got through the thin atmosphere and landed safely. The rover landed in an area called the Jezero Crater, and scientists believe that there was water there in the past. The rover will collect rocks which scientists will study, and they will try to find signs of life.
The rover has six wheels and many cameras and it weighs a ton. It will spend at least two years exploring in the Jezero Crater.
Difficult words: Red Planet (the nickname for Mars because it is red), fail (to not be successful), atmosphere (the gasses around a planet), explore (to travel through a place and to learn about it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos