McDonald’s does not have enough potatoes – level 1
McDonald’s is a fast-food chain. The company has about 2,900 restaurants in Japan. Now, it has a big problem with potatoes.
Japanese McDonald’s get potatoes from Canada. Now floods and snow storms are in Canada. Companies cannot transport the things which they make. The sea is dangerous. Ships must travel slowly. All these things mean that Mc Donald’s in Japan do not have enough potatoes.
Now the company is selling only some fries. This situation will last one month. The same thing happens in December, too.
McDonald’s customers are not happy. The company sells its hamburgers for a lower price right now.
Difficult words: fast-food chain (many similar restaurants which belong to one company, and they sell things like hamburgers and fries), transport (to take people or things from one place to another), customer (a person who buys things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos