McDonald’s leaves Russia – level 1
McDonald’s is a fast food company. It has restaurants in all world. It has 850 restaurants in Russia.
In March, McDonald’s closes its restaurants in Russia. The company thinks that it will be only for some time. But it costs $55 million every month. 62,000 people work for McDonald’s in Russia. The company decides to sell all its restaurants in Russia.
A man buys the restaurants. He already runs some restaurants in Siberia. The man will change the name of the restaurant. On Mondays, workers take down the first logo at a restaurant near Moscow. The logo is two golden arches.
Difficult words: fast food (meal which people can eat quickly, such as pizza or burgers), logo (a picture of symbol, which represents something), arch (a curved structure, which holds up a bridge or wall).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.