Meat from Fruit – level 2
Every year, there is a nine day vegetarian festival in Thailand, when millions of people stop eating meat for nine days. More people give up meat for even longer, and they do it more often.
Food producers usually use pea or soy proteins to make meatless products, but there are other possibilities, too. Jackfruit has become a popular substitute for meat. Jackfruit is a big spiky fruit with yellow color inside. It is sweet, but when it is not ripe, it has no specific taste which makes it perfect for dishes based from plants.
The business with products based from plants is growing very fast, and producers expect it to grow even more in the future.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.