Men fall into chocolate – level 2
Two men fell into chocolate at a factory in Pennsylvania, US.
The men weren’t employees of the factory, and they worked for another company. People weren’t sure how the incident happened. The men fell into a chocolate tank, and the chocolate was about waist-high. The men tried to get out, but it wasn’t possible.
Emergency workers weren’t able to pull the men out, so they cut a hole in the side of the tank. The incident took place at around 2 pm, and it took one hour to get the men out. Then, they took both men to hospital.
Authorities started to investigate how the men could fall in the chocolate, but they didn’t give any information about the situation yet.
Difficult words: tank (a large container to keep or move gas, water, oil, or other things), waist (the part of the body between the chest and legs), investigate (to find out what happened and how).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos