Meteorite filmed by a skydiver – level 2
A man was skydiving in Norway when something hurtled by him. He thinks it was a meteorite! He filmed the video in 2012. Over the past two years, the man tried to find out if it really was a meteorite. He believes it was.
Most meteorites burn up when they enter Earth’s atmosphere. However, some meteorites survive and they are extinguished 20 kilometers above the Earth. The man believes he captured this type of meteorite on video. Now he works with Norway’s Space and Meteorite Centre. It tries to locate the meteor.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What steps have been taken by the Norway's Space and Meteorite Centre to locate the meteorite?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.