Microsoft loses many jobs – level 1
Reports say that Microsoft will cut thousands of jobs. Many people will leave the company.
In recent years, the demand for computers is lower. People do not buy many computers. This news is bad for Microsoft. Its business is not very good. The company must save money. Reports say that 11,000 Microsoft workers will lose their jobs.
Problems in the tech sector are happening. Other big companies cut jobs, too. These companies are Meta and Amazon. They plan for a worse economic situation. They must save money, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.