Migrants Travel to the USA – level 1
In southern Mexico, thousands of migrants come together. Their countries have problems. They want to go the USA. They are going on a 2,500-kilometre trip. They are going north to the US border.
Hundreds of migrants ride on a cage truck. Cage trucks are normally for animals. Now they are also for people.
One family is from Honduras. The father goes with his pregnant wife. They also have a baby son. They want to have better lives. They say that Honduras is not going to get better.
Difficult words: migrant (a person who travels from one country to another to live there), border (the line between countries), cage truck (a very big truck that has a lot of cages and space for animals).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos