Mission to Jupiter – level 3
The Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer has blasted off on an eight-year voyage from a spaceport in French Guiana.
The European Space Agency’s mission to Jupiter will survey three moons that might have once hosted life. Europa, Callisto, and Ganymede are frigid, ice-covered Jovian satellites three-quarters of a billion kilometers from the sun; however, they have vast liquid water oceans beneath their icy surfaces. If hydrothermal vents that are found on ocean floors all over Earth exist there, they may provide enough warmth for life to thrive in the darkness.
The mission intends to uncover the secrets of Jupiter’s Great Red Spot, its enormous polar auroras, and how its mighty magnetic field shapes conditions on the gas giant’s nearby moons. The discovery of sub-surface saltwater oceans on Jupiter’s moons has pushed them high up the list of solar system venues to explore for signs of life and habitability.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What chances are there of finding evidence of life on Europa, Callisto and Ganymede?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.