Mount Sinabung on Sumatra – level 2
Mount Sinabung was in dormant for 400 years, but it then erupted in 2010. Between 2010 and 2018, the eruptions from this volcano killed 25 people.
The volcano erupted again earlier this week, and big clouds of ash went up over 5,000 metres into the sky. No one died nor was injured in this latest eruption.
Difficult words: dormant (not active), erupt (become active, send out lava and ash), ash (dust which is soft grey and is produced from things on fire).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos