Movie Producer in Prison – level 1
Harvey Weinstein is a movie producer in Hollywood. A movie producer helps make movies. He is very famous.
Some women say that Weinstein attacks them. They say he attacks them in 2006 and 2013. He attacks more women. However, it is a long time ago.
A court in New York sends Weinstein to prison. He must stay there for 23 years. Authorities put Weinstein in prison with a very high level of security. This prison is for the most dangerous prisoners. Weinstein is 68 years old. He has health problems. His lawyers say the prison is very demanding for him.
Authorities must find another prison for Weinstein. They must think about his health and safety. Weinstein’s lawyers want to ask a court to change the verdict.
Difficult words: high level (higher than usual), demanding (difficult), verdict (what a judge or a court decides).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos