Movie Producer in Prison – level 2
Harvey Weinstein was a movie producer in Hollywood. Several women accused him of criminal sexual acts. Last month, a court in New York sentenced Weinstein to 23 years in prison.
This week, authorities moved him from New York to a maximum-security prison near Buffalo.
This prison has a high level of security, and the most dangerous prisoners stay there. It is not clear how long Weinstein will stay there. Authorities must choose a new prison for him. They must consider his health and safety.
Weinstein´s spokesperson said that the decision to move him to another prison was very strict. Weinstein´s lawyers want to ask a court to look again at his case and to change the verdict.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.