NATO beer – level 2
A small Finnish brewery made a beer to celebrate the country’s application to join NATO.
The family brewery is only a few kilometers from the Russian border, and its CEO said that the beer tasted of safety and freedom. The beer comes in blue and white cans, which match NATO’s colors. The cans show a knight who holds a beer, and he has NATO’s logo on his armor.
The beer is called Otan Olutta, and it is a joke with words. OTAN is the French name of NATO, and the full name of the beer means ‘I’ll have some beer’ in Finnish.
Last week, Finland and Sweden decided to work to join NATO. Both countries decided to do it after Russia attacked Finland’s neighbor Ukraine in February.
Difficult words: application (a formal request to join an organization), knight (a man from the Middle Ages who fought on horseback), armor (pieces of metal that protect the body in a fight).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos