Netflix has more subscribers – level 2
Netflix worked hard to stop people from sharing passwords, and this helped them get about 6 million new subscribers in the third quarter.
They are also thinking about raising their prices soon, which only the other streaming platforms, like Disney, did this year. Netflix is unique because it’s making money while many other big streaming services are not. Some experts say Netflix is like a utility in many places. A utility is something that people need, like water and electricity. But when a company is called a utility, it’s difficult to keep growing.
There was a strike in Hollywood, which affected movies and TV shows. But Netflix managed this strike well because it’s a big company in many countries and has lots of good content.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other strategies do you think Netflix has used to stay successful despite the challenges of the year 2020?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.