New Brexit Plan – level 1
The United Kingdom (UK) and the European Union (EU) make a new Brexit plan. Other EU countries and the UK government must agree with the plan.
It is a problem for some political parties in the UK government. They do not like the new plan. They say that the plan is very bad. They have little time to talk about it.
An EU president writes a letter to the EU leaders. He wants to finish the activity quickly.
The British Prime Minister wants to finish Brexit. He wants to work on other problems. He meets the EU leaders in Brussels. The next deadline for Brexit is January 31.
Difficult words: political party (an official group of people with similar political ideology), leader (the main political person in a country), deadline (the latest time in the future when something must happen).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.