New Greek Prime Minister – level 1
People in Greece vote. They choose who goes to the parliament. Forty per cent of votes want a conservative party.
The party gets 158 seats out of 300 in the parliament. The leader of the party becomes the Greek prime minister. His name is Kyriakos Mitsotakis. He says what he wants to do before he becomes prime minister. He wants to make Greece strong again. He wants to make Greece better for business.
Difficult words: conservative (traditional), party (a political group), seat (a place).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos