New rules for Swiss same-sex couples – level 1
A same-sex couple is when two men or women are partners. They live together. Same-sex couples in Switzerland are very happy. They have new rules for them.
Since 2007, two men or two women can live together. They are official partners. Sadly, they can’t do some things. For example, they can’t adopt a child.
This situation changes on July 1, 2022. Same-sex marriage becomes legal. The situation means that two men or two women can get married. They can adopt a child together. Some of these people say that they feel normal now.
Some officials say that people must know that they can love anyone. The message is very important for same-sex couples.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.