New Webb images – level 2
The James Webb Space Telescope took remarkable images of 19 spiral galaxies. These images help scientists understand how stars are born and how galaxies form.
These pictures show galaxies like NGC5068, which is 15 million light-years away, and NGC1365, 60 million light-years away. Scientists launched the telescope in 2021. It observes mainly in the infrared, which means that it can see through dust and study stars behind it. Astronomer Thomas Williams emphasized that the images helped understand early star formation.
The images also show detailed structures of dust and gas clouds, which help our understanding of the star formation cycle.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other significant discoveries have been made thanks to the James Webb Space Telescope's ability to observe in the infrared?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.