New Zealand Wins Over Coronavirus – level 1
The situation with the coronavirus is very good in New Zealand. Only one person gets sick in the last four days. People are happy. The government is opening schools, restaurants, and businesses.
Many countries in the world have a lot of problems with the coronavirus. However, New Zealand fights the virus quickly. Many people ask how it is possible.
New Zealand lies on an island. The population is small. The virus spreads slowly.
Also, the government works fast. The government closes borders, schools, and businesses when the virus starts in the country. The government speaks well with people. People follow strict rules.
Medical workers test a lot of people in a short time. It helps stop the virus.
The government asks people to be careful. The virus can come back.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.