Novak Djokovic and COVID-19 vaccine – level 3
Novak Djokovic is a Serbian tennis star, who’s currently ranked world No. 1 in men’s singles tennis; many consider him to be one of the greatest tennis players of all time.
Djokovic’s refusal to get vaccinated against COVID-19 led to his deportation from Australia before his Australian Open title defense. He was hoping to get his 21st grand slam title there; instead, Rafael Nadal accomplished it in a marathon five-set match with Daniil Medvevdev. For the first time this season, Djokovic competed in the Dubai Championship, where there is no requirement for vaccination. The rest of his matches are unclear.
During an interview with Serbia’s state TV, Djokovic said he accepted that no vaccination might stop him from playing tennis in many tournaments this season. However, he said that he was open to getting vaccinated eventually.
Difficult words: deportation (when officials make someone leave a country), grand slam (winning four major championships in one sport in the same year), marathon (a long-lasting or difficult task or activity).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos