Oceans Are Warmer – level 2
In 1958, people began recording ocean temperatures. According to a new report, ocean temperatures in 2018 were the hottest ever.
The authors of the report say that this is solid proof of climate change. They say that this is a big problem for everybody. The authors are the same scientists who also published another report last week. It says that oceans are getting warmer faster than people thought.
This can lead to problems like rising sea levels, heavier rainfall, stronger storms, and melting polar ice.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.