Oil Drilling Laws – level 2
In 2010 in the USA, a BP oil rig exploded, which killed 11 people and leaked four million barrels of oil into the ocean. In response, President Obama created stronger oil drilling laws.
Last week, the Trump Administration said that it plans to roll back some of those oil drilling laws, and it wants the changes to happen in two months. It wants ‘smarter’ laws that improve America’s energy, economy, and safety.
Some people were against these changes, but the administration said that the old rules did not help safety and were too expensive.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.