Old Bones Are Found – level 2
People made a discovery during restoration work of a temple in Peru. The temple is one of the country’s oldest Christian sites.
By accident, scientists found a 500 year-old crypt with bones from 32 people. The bones are in bad condition.
The scientists also found a painting on a wall of the Christian nativity scene.
Difficult words: restoration (making something old nice again), temple (a building that is like a church), crypt (dead people stay in this underground room), nativity scene (a model which represents the birth of Jesus Christ).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about what they found?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.