Oldest Men in Britain – level 1
In Britain, two men turn 110 years old. They set the record for the oldest men in Britain. One man is from Scotland. The other man lives in southern England. The men talk on the phone on their birthdays.
One man was a farmer. In his life, there were many changes in farming. He talks about the changes. He also tells people his secret for long life: eating porridge every day!
The other man talks about his life, too. His life was always interesting. It was not his ambition to live this long.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.