Online Piracy – level 3
Digital piracy experts found that visits to film piracy sites in the US increased by more than 40% during the coronavirus lockdown.
Only days after some movies opened in theatres, low-quality pirated versions of the films made their way online as well.
’Mulan’ is a Chinese legend of a woman who disguises herself as a man to become a soldier. The live action remake of ’Mulan’ debuted on Disney+ on Friday. Many fans of Disney were willing to pay an additional fee over $30 dollars on top of a subscription to purchase the movie. However, some people seeked less legitimate ways to watch it.
Pirate streaming sites are not always easy to find, and it is not clear if they are secure. However, some streaming sites get good quality content from Netflix or Disney, and Disney+ has already hired more people to stop pirates stealing their content.
Difficult words: piracy (unauthorized use or reproduction of someone’s work or stealing something), debut (to come out for the first time subscription (receiving something regularly by paying in advance for it), legitimate (according to law).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.