Panic at Disco – level 1
This news is from a nightclub in Italy. Somebody sprays something like pepper spray. People start to panic. They start running. There is a stampede.
Six people die in the stampede. Five of them are teenagers. Fifty more people are injured. This happened early on Saturday morning.
Difficult words: panic (when you get so scared that you cannot think), pepper spray (a spray which hurts your eyes – police use it to get people to stop doing something), stampede (when many people get scared and start running), happened (past of ‘happen’).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.