Penguins on a Trip – level 2
A pair of penguins took a walk in an aquarium in Chicago. The aquarium was closed due to the coronavirus.
Caretakers at the aquarium let the penguins wander around and explore the place. It was a good chance for the animals to behave naturally, and caretakers let them do this often. The aquarium’s official said that it was an important part of animal welfare and that the animals need to feel happy.
Other animals at the aquarium make similar trips, too. Caretakers do not usually record them because there are many visitors. This time, caretakers had more time to record the penguins because the aquarium was closed.
Caretakers shared the video of the penguins on social media. Many people liked the video, and they demanded more videos with different animals.
Difficult words: caretaker (a person who looks after animals or people), welfare (somebody’s health, comfort and happiness), demand (to want something very much and ask for it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos