People and Vaccines – level 2
British scientists reached out to many people across the world to learn their opinions on vaccines. Most people said that vaccines are safe and effective. However, poorer countries are more certain about vaccines than richer countries.
The researchers say that people do not trust vaccines in places where vaccine-preventable diseases are coming back. That is not because the vaccines are bad, but because fewer people are giving vaccines to their children.
The WHO said that this problem is one of the top 10 problems in global health this year. The scientists want to continue to study this issue.
Difficult words: vaccine (medicine that helps your body fight a disease before the disease makes you sick), preventable (something which can be prevented – stopped before it happens), issue (a problem).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos