People buy jeans again – level 2
As governments ease coronavirus rules, people are going out and they are returning to their normal social lives.
People are returning to shops, and the demand for some products is rising. Levi Strauss is an American company and a global leader in jeans clothing. The company’s revenues in the last three months rose by 41%. Many clothing manufacturers have factories in Vietnam, where the pandemic caused many factories to close. It did not happen to Levi Strauss.
The person Levi Strauss was born in Germany in 1829, and he started his business in San Francisco, California, in 1853. It was the first company which made blue jeans. At that time, only workers wore them, who were mainly miners.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.