People Can Test for COVID-19 at Home – level 3
The US Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 self-testing kit for home use.
The single-use test kit is good for people over 14 years old and it uses a self-collected nasal swab. It provides results within 30 minutes and according to the California-based manufacturer, Lucira, it will cost around $50. The kit is expected to be available nationally through health care providers by early Spring 2021.
Although recent positive news from companies Moderna and Pfizer on potential COVID-19 vaccines has raised hopes of combating the disease, testing remains a key factor in controlling the spread of new cases which have soared across the US. Currently, people have to wait in lines for a test and they wait days for results.
Difficult words: nasal (relating to the nose), swab (a piece of cotton or cloth that is fixed to a stick, and it is used for cleaning a wound or collecting specimens of the body), soar (to increase rapidly).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos