People Eat Less Chocolate – level 2
People in the US and Europe eat less chocolate which has an impact on cocoa bean farmers in Africa.
The Ivory Coast is a country in West Africa, and it is one of the biggest producers of cocoa beans. People use cocoa beans to make chocolate and when the demand for chocolate falls, farmers do not sell their beans. African farmers have more than 100,000 tons of cocoa beans which they are not able to sell. They do not get money for their crops which means that they do not have enough money to pay for school for their children.
European and US buyers want to slow business with the farmers, but they do not realize what an impact it has on them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.