People fight polio – level 2
Polio is a highly infectious and dangerous disease. The virus lives in the digestive system. The virus spreads easily in places with bad sanitation.
For more than 35 years, people almost completely destroyed the virus, but it was difficult. Only some people show any signs of being ill, and many infected people don’t know that they are ill. People almost destroyed the virus, but events like the COVID-19 pandemic and floods in Pakistan made the situation worse again.
Bill and Melinda Gates donated 1.2 billion dollars to stop polio, and some experts said that it should stop by the end of 2023.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.