People in Germany Vote – level 1
People in Germany vote. They choose from political parties. Angela Merkel’s party wins. This is Merkel’s fourth win.
Merkel’s party is called CDU. It wins but another party gets strong too. This party is called the AfD. The AfD is an anti-immigration party.
A lot of people like it. Other people say that it is like the Nazis. They do not like it. They protest against the AfD.
Difficult words: vote (choose your country’s leaders), political party (a group of people who believe in something and want to be the bosses of a country), Angela Merkel (the leader of Germany right now), immigration (people coming to your country from other countries).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.