People like non-fungible tokens – level 1
NFT is a non-fungible token. Non-fungible means that only one thing exists. There are no copies of that thing.
Businesses with NFTs gets very big in 2021. Artists, musicians, and creators sell many NFTs. Some people become very rich. One man sells an image for 69 million dollars. Another person sells a virtual reality house for 520,000 dollars.
These things exist only digitally. The person who buys such things gets a digital certificate. Only he has it. Nobody else in the world can have it.
Some people like to feel special. They pay a lot of money for it.
Difficult words: token (a thing that shows it is for something else), creator (a person who makes something), digital (electronic or related to the Internet), certificate (an official document which shows that the information on it is true).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.